The Beginner's Guide to Redesign: Part 2
Now that you have all of your technical measures in line, it’s time to focus on the fun design! Remodeling your kitchen or bathroom can be a daunting task, but that certainly does not mean that you cannot have fun with it! If choosing the style of your new space seems overwhelming, have no fear! Below is the Signature Kitchen & Bath team’s guide to selecting the look of your new space and what to expect along the way:
- Countertops: Did you know that countertops are the common consumer’s #1 splurge when redesigning their space? We’re here to tell you that this splurge is WORTH IT. Stunning granite, marble or quartz are timeless pieces that will last in your home for years! They are easy to clean and serve as beautiful statement pieces in your kitchen or bathroom. To learn more about the variety of choices you have in stone countertops, click here.
- Tile: Tile backsplashes and flooring are the perfect complement to a stunning countertop. Do you want subway tile or patterned tile? Do you love neutrals or accent colors? Do you want porcelain or ceramic material? All of these options are worth consideration when selecting tile for your new space! Need some design inspiration? Check out our galleries!
- Cabinets and storage: Your cabinets and their corresponding hardware are some of the first things people notice about your kitchen, and they say a lot about your personal style. Did you know that there are several cabinet styles to consider when completing a remodel? Whether you go with shaker, flat, custom or antique cabinets, they typically consume around 30% of your total remodel budget, so choose wisely!
- Lighting: The lighting in your new space is a large part of the vibe your space gives off upon completion. If you are looking for ambient lighting, it may be wise to look into recessed lighting options. If you want your space to be well illuminated at all times of the day, then lighting additions like under cabinet lighting may be right for you! Whether you decide on recessed lighting, track lighting, pendants or chandeliers, lighting is a large part of your completed space!
- Appliances: Make sure to consider both functionality and look when selecting appliances. Larger families typically choose larger fridges and dishwashers. Seasoned chefs may benefit from more advanced ovens. Before you select your style of appliance, make sure all of the pieces you can’t live without are available! Having the right appliances can make worlds of difference in your everyday life and having them all match perfectly is a stunning finishing touch!
The Signature Kitchen & Bath team has been expertly designing luxury kitchen and bath spaces in St. Louis since 1976. Need some more design advice? Contact our staff to begin your free consultation!